If you’re considering Hyundai solar panels for your home, there are a number of things you need to keep in mind first.
Hyundai Heavy Industries was founded in 1972 and is a Fortune 500 company. The company employs more than 48,000 people, and has a global leading 7 business divisions with sales of 51.3 Billion USD in 2013.
Hyundai Solar is the largest and the longest standing PV cell and module manufacturer in South Korea. They have 600 MW of module production capacity and provide high-quality solar PV products to more than 3,000 customers worldwide.
Key Benefits Claimed By Hyundai:
- Panel power production capabilities up to 305W.
- RW series panels are suitable for exteme environments, including desert and shore/salty conditions.
- 10 yr product warranty, 25 yr performance warranty.
- Small form factor 220-240W 54-cell series suitable for small roof space.
With all these positives, Hyundai solar panels sound like a great option for your solar power system, however, there are three things you must consider first.
- Hyundai solar panels offer panel efficiency rates of up to 17.2%, compared to the market leader which is up to 21%. While a lower efficiency brand of panel is usually cheaper, you will sacrifice some long-term return-on-investment by not going with the highest efficiency brand you can afford, so be sure to compare the lifetime value of Hyundai solar panels against other brands before making a final buying decision.
- If your roof space is not too constricted, Hyundai solar panels are a cost efficient choice because you can fit enough panels on the roof to meet your power needs at a more reasonable price (compared to the higher efficiency panels previously mentioned). However, if your roof space is limited and you want to maximise your power production, Hyundai’s 54-cell solar panels might be a better choice for you. It’s important to keep in mind that solar is an investment first and foremost. Getting an accredited installer with experience in your local area to consult with you will help you understand what panels will provide the best return for your investment over the life of the system.
- Even if you are already 100% decided on Hyundai solar, don’t be too hasty in accepting the first quote you receive. Different installers charge different prices, even for the same product. Installers all buy their products from different places, have different margins and offer varying levels of service. The price you are quoted, even for the exact same product, can vary hundreds of dollars depending on who you talk to.
The best way to make sure you get the right panels for you at the best price is to compare quotes from Clean Energy Council accredited installers with experience in your area.
By partnering with the top national and local installers across Australia we offer the quickest, easiest and smartest way for you to do this.
Got 30 seconds?
Simply fill out your details in the form to get quotes from 3 installers in your local area.
Considering solar? We take the stress out of finding the right installer.
Free Solar Quotes