What is a Solar Panel?
Solar panels absorb energy from the sun and feed it into a solar inverter, which then converts that energy into the right electricity for your home. Most panels will have a lifespan of over 20 years and degrade in their production by less than 0.4% every year. However, this will differ depending on the brand, type of panel and the weather conditions of the area where the panels are being installed.
About Canadian Solar:
Canadian Solar was founded in…you guessed it…Ontario, Canada in 2001. They now operate globally in 18 countries, shipping more than 30 million solar panel modules a year.
Pros of a Canadian Solar Panel:
- Power production capabilities up to 315W
- Panel range is suitable for harsh environments, including heavy snow & wind
- A common brand that most suppliers will stock
Cons of a Canadian Solar Panel:
- Efficiency rate of up to 16.42% (market leaders have an efficiency of 21%)
- Not cost efficient if roof space is limited
- Only a 10-year product warranty
The Importance of Choosing the Right Solar Panel:
Installing the ideal panel will save you thousands in the long run. Finding what panel brand is best for your home, budget and lifestyle can be a difficult task, which is why it’s important to do plenty of research before installing.
Get expert advice on what your home needs by receiving 3 free no obligation quotes from 3 local solar installers below.
Considering solar? We take the stress out of finding the right installer.
Free Solar Quotes