China’s Yingli Solar was founded in 1998 and is now a leading ‘Tier 1’ solar energy company selling their products around the world. Yingli are also one of the world’s largest companies manufacturing their solar panels across the entire chain, from raw material production to assembly of PV modules. Ranked in the top 5 best solar panels in the world by PHOTON and TÜV Rheinland, over 50 Million Yingli panels have been installed worldwide. Key Benefits Claimed By Yingli:
- Highly efficient panels produce up to 295W power.
- Considered a global leader in the solar industry, with approx 10% market share worldwide.
- Panels covered by 25 yr power warranty (guarantees that the panels will produce 90% of their rated power output over the first ten years and 80% over the subsequent 15 years).
- Official Sponsor of 2010 & 2014 FIFA World Cup.
With all these positives, Yingli panels sound like a great option for your solar power system, however, there are three things you must consider first.
- Yingli Solar panels offer panel efficiency rates of up to 17.2%, compared to the market leader which is up to 21%. While a lower efficiency brand of panel is usually cheaper, you will sacrifice some long-term return-on-investment by not going with the highest efficiency brand you can afford, so be sure to compare the lifetime value of REC solar panels against other brands before making a final buying decision.
- If your roof space is not too constricted, Yingli Solar panels are a cost efficient choice because you can fit enough panels on the roof to meet your power needs at a more reasonable price (compared to the higher efficiency panels previously mentioned). However, if your roof space is limited and you want to maximise your power production, Yingli Solar panels might not be the best choice for you. It’s important to keep in mind that solar is an investment first and foremost. Getting an accredited installer with experience in your local area to consult with you will help you understand what panels will provide the best return for your investment over the life of the system.
- Even if you are already 100% decided on Yingli, don’t be too hasty in accepting the first quote you receive. Different installers charge different prices, even for the same product. Installers all buy their products from different places, have different margins and offer varying levels of service. The price you are quoted, even for the exact same product, can vary by hundreds of dollars depending on who you talk to.
The best way to make sure you get the right panel for you at the best price is to compare quotes from Clean Energy Council accredited installers with experience in your area.
By partnering with the top national and local installers across Australia we offer the quickest, easiest and smartest way for you to do this.
Got 30 seconds?
Simply fill out your details in the form to get quotes from 3 installers in your local area.
Considering solar? We take the stress out of finding the right installer.
Free Solar Quotes