Combine the Green Loan & Government Rebates to Avoid the Hit of Upfront Costs!
RateSetter can help you cover the remaining upfront costs for your Solar PV System with a low-interest “green loan”.
A “green loan”, low-interest rate means the savings you gain from lowered power bills, could cover your loan repayments with no extra costs!
- Interest rates as low as 6.9% p.a.
- Fast online application
- No exit fees or early repayment penalties
Green Loans from RateSetter
RateSetter provides low-interest loans, specifically for green projects or energy efficient products that are supported by the Clean Energy Finance Corporation. RateSetter’s Green Loan has low-interest rates from 6.9% p.a.
A Green Loan low-interest rate means the savings you have accumulated from using your solar system, could potentially cover your loan repayments!
- Rates as low as 6.9% p.a.
- Borrow from $2001-$45000 for green projects; including solar systems and battery!
- From 3-7 years with no exit fees or early repayments penalties!
- Fast online application in as little as 5 minutes!
- Be rewarded for having great credit
How Does It Compare To Other Finance Options?
Here’s how the Green Loan would compare to other finance options if you were to borrow $10,000 to be repaid over 60 months.
||Mortgage (20 year term)
||19.75% p.a. on purchases
||Mortgage offset – 4.00% p.a.
|Total Interest & fees
||19.75% p.a. on purchases
High-interest rates from credit card fees could increase your overall payment greatly, in a short time. Over a 60-month loan term, you could be looking at an extra $3,000 of interest compared to a Green Loan.
You can borrow more against your home using low mortgage interest rates, however, the length of the loan could have you paying double of what your solar system would have cost you. Unless you plan to pay your mortgage off in a short period of 2-5 years.
$0 Upfront or Interest-Free Claims
Be wary of $0 Upfront or Interest-Free claims deals. While the initial no upfront payment and no interest sound great, these deals usually set the overall retail price for the solar system substantially higher than your standard solar system price. Therefore, you’ll be paying more in the long run.
- Comparison rate based on rates available for a 5 year, $30,000 unsecured green loan for a borrower with a good credit history as at 6 July 2018. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees, brokerage or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
- Total interest and fees include all upfront and establishment fees, ongoing account fees and all interest accrued over term of finance.
- RateSetter loan assumes 60 equal monthly repayments consisting of principal and interest. Credit card repayments assumes 60 equal monthly repayments over 60 months. Mortgage repayments assumes 240 equal repayments over 240 months.
- The RateSetter comparison table is calculated assuming a $30,000 loan for a term of 5 years, using the rates and fees applicable for a $10,000, unsecured RateSetter green loan for 5 years for a borrower with excellent credit. Rates and fees as at 3.30pm 6 July 2018. Analysis is indicative only and the interest rate or fees that apply to your loan vary depending on movements in our lending markets, your credit history and your specific solar installer.
- The information contained on this website should not be taken as financial product advice and has been prepared as general information only without consideration for your particular investment objectives, financial circumstances or particular needs. This is not an offer for credit and RateSetter’s credit criteria and terms and conditions apply.
- Credit is provided by Australia Executor Trustees Limited as custodian for the RateSetter Lending Platform Australian credit licence 240023. RateSetter Australia RE Limited ABN 571 666 466 35 holds Australian financial services licence number 449176 and Australian credit licence number 449176.